Welcome to my 100 day celebration. What is there to celebrate you might ask? Plenty!
In the past 100 days I’ve…
- Lost 15.1 lbs
- 265 on April 20th to 249.9 on July 24th
- That’s approximately 1lb a week
- Dropped my BMI by .9 points
- 31.4 to 29.5
- I’m no longer considered “morbidly obsese” (blog on this impending by the way)
- Dropped from a 38 waist to a 34-36 (I’m talking proper waist here)
- Walked approximately 7 00,000 steps (given a daily average of 7,000 steps)
- which is about 3.2 miles a day or 320 miles
- Climbed approximately 1000 steps (Daily average of 10)
- Worked out 34 times (that I ticked the category at least, so probably a couple more than that)
- that’s working out a little bit less than every third day
- Eaten Fried food… Oh who knows how many times. I didn’t start tracking that till about half way through this resurgence.
Needless to say I’ve done a fair bit on my diet. Its great to look at this data though. I’ve done a lot. 🙂 Definitely moving in the right direction.
When I restarted the diet, I was concerned that I was going fail. I mean, I can be pretty superstitious. With my first diet? Things started going to hell around day 57 to be honest. I mean I pushed the blog onto days 72 and 73, but work life had become so difficult that I just couldn’t juggle things that well. The prospect of being unemployed again was just too much (since I had fought and scraped to get that job in the first place after being laid off last October… First time, small business- I was too expensive. Second T-Mobile downsizing… which sucks because I loved the job). But I survived in spite of my superstitious concerns and am actually doing quite well with my diet.
One thing has remained true since my first attempt on this diet path. This time, for the last time. I’m tired of being the “big guy”. I want to look at myself in a photo and remark about how poorly my clothes fit or how I look twice the size of every other person in the photo. I’ve never been “fit” or skinny. I’ve only got 10 months to lose 30 more lbs (as a long term goal), but realistically I’ve got the rest of the year to hit this goal. Only August to December, that’s 5 months, six lbs a month. I think I can do it. Its a little more than my average to date, but with the steps I’ve taken over the past few weeks with the addition of the glucomannan, enforcement of the “one bowl” (even with its hiccups) and additional workouts. I know I’ll make it. 🙂
Just have to make it through vacation first. For the diet, last night Joel and I went for a quick walk (he found my fitbit, yay!) and we had organic beef tacos with bell peppers, TVP and tomatoes mixed in with the beef. Side of mexi-rice and beans. It was really tasty. And… I ate too much. Really, the days after workouts are the worst. I’m just famished… Anyways, we walked mainly because I was feeling so much better after my massage yesterday. It was was good in practice, but the space they have feels very “organized.” Which is fine, but its like they read a magazine that said “people find these 5 things relaxing” and they executed them without any level of personal touch. Ah well, the important thing is that my back is happier.
One more update tomorrow, then A special bunch of vacation updates and pictures. 🙂
Goals for this Week
- Workout 3 times:
- Monday! Ow…
- Go for at least two significant walks:
- Tuesday! 2-3 miles near the house
- Portion control your food (0/2)
- Monday: Fail. Damn you pint blueberries and the black-hole stomach.
- Tuesday: Fail. Tacos… Two servings instead of one. I was starving… again.
Days since I’ve eaten…
- Ice Cream or other Desert: 9
- Deep Fried food: 2
- A Carb-focused meal: 1
- Too many helpings: 0